Weird Update
Pet Updates First
LUPO LAKA (Gentle Wolf)
He only goes by Laka for now...
Laka has been the highlights of some of my worst days. He is such a character. This is his favorite place to wait for me. This is at the head of the back of our carport where I park. He is always there. I didn't want him to get those yucky black callusses that most dogs get from being on concrete so I bought him a big welcome mat to lay on. He moves it all around but will lay everywhere but where it is. He is now about a year and a half old. Last doggie check-up 35.7lbs. We believe he is full grown. Dr Fanning has changed her "doggie breed" choice to match mine. We now think he is a Blue Heeler (sp?), but to everybody that sees him in real life.... DINGO is what they call him. He is definately therapy....but I know also a great deal of work for Gary which I also do appreciate VERY much, if he ever does read this!
Next Moura Pet Update....Alani
Alani now has Thyroid Disease and requires medications twice a day but we are optimistic that it will work. The medication is even coming from the children's chemo ward here, so I know they are serious about this.
Miss Priss
All the others are doing well, as you can see in the picture, Priss didn't even know Alani was on the bed with her. Noel and Kitty are just being their same selves....
Kitty
~~~~~~~~~
(This is from one of the wonderful ladies from one of my cancer saupport groups)
How is Lyssa doing?!?!?
You asked about me???? I just had it out with my brother Colby, I didn't send this in to any of my groups but I will and then you all can wait with me, I have been waiting for a response either from him or my dad who I also Bcc... It to. I haven't been doing too great this summer...I think it actually all started since I last updated from my last Blogger update which I believe was in April, I am not sure if I should post this on there or not...but I don't know how else to tell anybody what has been going on for the past 18 WEEKS - there is just so many other things also, my marriage, my kids, my sister's (Laura) business that her and I started here, her marriage, my mom's health, Gary's job, the house, one of my turtles (Kola) died the other day, just one thing after another. I don't know normally question God, but I am getting to a point of where I want to, and that is not my place.So, here goes....
From: "mailto:colby@realgo.com" ">Colby
Ackerfield
Date: 8/11/2008 8:36:40 AM
To: "mailto:memoriesheld@msn.com" "mailto:our3geckos@hawaii.rr.com"
Subject: Santa Susana Field Laboratory
Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hi Guys,
I just caught a segment on the show Modern Marvels: Engineering Disasters.
It profiled a nuclear incident that happened at Rocketdyne in the late 50's. I had no idea that facility had nuclear research going on let along a reactor that melted down! More info from wikipedia....
Enjoy,
Colby
From: "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Susana_Field_Laboratory" Reactor powered
over 1,100 homes in the Moorpark area of California for a short period of time. SSFL, however,also became home to the first meltdown of a power-producing reactor in the United States on July 13, 1959. Today, all nuclear research and most rocket testing has been halted."
Brother Dearest, Happy 33rd Birthday a couple days early.....
I don't know how I should reply to this..... Other than to say... THANKS to SSFL..... This is where my cancer came from, I have known this for years and now I have some if only a LITTLE tiny bit of proof. There is no way to ENJOY knowing what I have gone through at the expense of Science.....Colby, I don't mean to sound harsh, but this hits home so HARD. I have to live with the EFFECTS of what SCIENCE has done to the environment. I love you dearly, but right now I am fighting for my
life and it doesn't quite seem FAIR, yes I did say that....that you live a charmed life, healthy and robust while I attend take chemo pills nightly, have medical treatments for my blood 4 times a week and some months can have and have had to have up 20 units of other peoples blood products because my body can't make or work it but right. I have 24/7 seizures and am on medications for that now also. I have had to quit working as I can no longer do that either. I just turned 34. The last 15 YEARS of my life from a MEDICAL standpoint have been a living hell. And you signed your email enjoy?.... Sorry if I sound A LITTLE IRATE!. Your Loving Sis, Lys
Kids and Gary are doing fine. Here are updated pictures of them
"When you come to the edge of all that you know,
you must believe one of two things: There will be earth upon which to stand, or
you will be given wings to fly."






<< Home