Sunday, March 23, 2008

Today Our Lord Has Risen.....Happy Easter.....



I came across a verse reading a dear friends blog.... Proverbs 16:9 "We can make our plans but the Lord determines our steps." This is so true and I see it, of course, mostly in hindsight, but still it is very true.

Yesterday was Shayla's 8th Birthday. She is growing up so fast. I woke up early just to stand by her door and stare at her sleeping so peacefully. We had a great mother/daughter day on Wednesday and did some early shopping for her, she just had to wait for it till last night. Laura and Cheyenne came over and we had a special lunch and then cake and opened presents. I received a present also.....I remembered a book from when I was small that I was pretty sure Mommie still had, but that I had been asking around in bookstores for but I couldn't remember the full name of....Well she found it, wrapped it up and sent it to me. I just sat there crying over this book that I have had since I was a little girl.






Some have been asking how I look lately, here is a picture that Gary took yesterday. For those that don't know, I cut my hair in November and dyed it velvet brown since then. Its really strange but I somehow feel stronger with darker hair, and geewhiz, do people take you more seriously.... so not sure how long I will keep my blonde covered up, but it is hard work to maintain the cover-up, but very easy to cair for short.... first time since I was very young that it's been this "short" and this is longer than it was in November.









Shayla was very ill last night with sour stomach so both Gary and I have been up since 130am. I can function on that I took a nap after Laura and Cheyenne left, I tried to bribe Jackie to come get the rest of the cake, lol....and take some food home....but I'm not sure she even called back...I sure didn't hear the phone, my head hit the pillow, I had all my 'Raffe's around me and Alani warm and purring next to me and I was out.....the next thing I knew it was 10pm. My body has an internal clock that wakes me for meds at 10pm, 2am and 5am (that's if I am actually sleeping at those times) it's really strange because I have never set alarms for it, I just wake up for them.


I need to start getting little ones up for church if they can manage it after yesterdays "big" bash. I felt like they needed a day of fun and no cleaning for once. Just a day to be KIDS!!!


I want to wish everyone a blessed Easter however you celebrate it.....




ยป Get your own FREE music player