Saturday, February 09, 2008

Latest update about everything regarding Da Moura Ohana...

My mommie and Ritchie just left this past Wednesday 2/6/08 after being here for a week (they got here after a very long story day on the 30th). My mom was in a lot better shape then I was lead to believe, this I was very glad for but also very sad for because I later found out during the visit, the only reason she is, is because information is being kept from her. But as I have kept information from her for years about my health because I know that she cannot handle it, I believe that both my stepdad ( whom I had a horrible relationship with as a child, and now I have great respect for, if he ever reads this) and her drs. are doing the right thing. There is a protein in your body that measures the amount of inflammtion, it is called C reactive. It's normal level when there is no inflammation is lower than 1.0 mg/L. She was at 11.0 mg/L and diagnosed with Polymyalgia Rheumatica on top of her MS and one of the severest forms of osteoporosis that there is. She was taking shots daily for that until the diagnosis for the Polymyalgia but that has been stopped for now. She is on PREDNISONE for the treatment of that for now and a muscle relaxer called BACLOFEN that I had never heard of and I thought that I was pretty well versed in drugs. She still takes her AVONEX religiously for her MS, as she cannot or does not want to see what will happen without it. I have always thought that drug was like the book.... FLOWERS FOR ALGERNON. For those of you that haven't read it.... A retarded man (I believe now that he is probably autistic) wants to live his life as a genius, he is injected with something. He becomes brilliant. But when he stops taking it, he regresses and eventually dies. I have thought that from the very beginning of when she started taking this medication almost 11 years ago. It scares me more than any of these other things that are happening to her. I'm not sure if I have mentioned that she has had two Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA) but with this new condition, this also greatly increases her chances.... of having a MAJOR stroke. Ritchie had a long talk with Gary the other night and talked a long time with him after the rest of us had gone to bed.



2/10/08...I had to stop this yesterday, as it was getting very overwhelming for me. I think I am ok now. Back to what I was saying when I cut off yesterday....Ritchie explained to Gary that Mommie has had two of these TIA's, now the steroids that she is on for the Polymyalgia can cause strokes and heart disease also. She is literally a stroke ready and waiting. While they were here they were already planning where they are going next, as Ritichie needs to submit his vacation request 12 weeks ahead. I just pray she has that long. My mom had made a comment on who would go first one of their beloved cat's Putty, me or my mom. Putty was put to sleep a couple of weeks ago. She was 16 years old, my vet figured it out for me... that is 143 years old in cat years!!!



Next part of the update, I finally GOT the letter from the pain specialist and if he didn't copy all the info in my information that I supplied him!!! The only thing on the letter were his recommendations:

1. Weight Control Program - that is called getting off of steroids forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ~ can he guaranty that?

2. PT - I have no say in this, only where it can be located at. (still haven't done it)


3. Start on Cymbalta for chronic pain.

Nothing much else was stated in there that I didn't already know except that he stated that I was 23 instead of 33 so it made it look like I was a drugged out pained out FREAK!!! With major psychological problems that were leading me to having major pain issues, because OF COURSE he forget to mention ANYTHING about CANCER or my COLON or my HIP.... two of the major reasons I was being sent there.....going to rest.....






March 6, 2008.... Ummmm..... I think I rested enough... I never came back..... I will start a new post.


ยป Get your own FREE music player