Ashley is with Jesus now...
Sweet little Ashley that I posted about the other day, went to be with Jesus on the 4th of July. Her mom, Wendy wrote a beautiful update today, and I would like to include part of that in here....
FRIDAY, JULY 06, 2007 07:06 AM, PDT ... "Now to a more beautiful thing that I am trying to keep in my mind rather than the fact they killed my precious girl...she loved the 4th of July. It was one of her favorite holidays because of the fireworks. She would oooh & aahhh at each one. God took her in the early evening so she wouldn't be in the hospital & miss seeing the most spectacular fireworks show from Heaven. He gave her her independence from the doctors who were just going to keep giving her drugs she didn't need that were killing her. They had no intentions of ever getting her out of there to UCSF or home! He freed her of her pain but left me with so much pain. She was a precious soul who touched many lives!Now I have another thing to tell you. A parent that
was in the hospital last week & came by to give the kids shirts that said
"Jesus is Lord" got admitted for fevers the night we moved to 1718 & 1719. She came yesterday morning to the room & told me that on the 4th at about 3 PM herself & another mom felt they had to go to the chapel to pray for Ashley. While they were there 3 people whose baby was downstairs came in all broken up. She said she started talking to them about Jesus & asked them if they wanted to accept him as their saviour. They did! She said "so I just want you to know that a few hours before her death, Ashley brought 3 people to God & His glory". I know she has touched many peoples lives, people I don't even know. I would be floored by the number of lives she has touched I am sure, but that still doesn't ease my pain."
I just think this is sooooooo amazing!!! In all the sorrow there is still so many glorious things going on!!! I am sad, as
is her family, but imagine, these other families now. They can share in the hope
that now, THERE IS HOPE! Again, I am reminded of my little thing that is taped
to monitor here from Make A Wish Foundation.... all it says is hope, here it
is....
...
and as a friend and her family have chosen.....
Life is full of choices. . . We are choosing HOPE!!!!!
Psalm 71: 5,7,8, 20,21
"You are my HOPE O Lord God; You are my trust from my youth. I have become as a wonder to many, But You are my strong refuge. Let my mouth be filled with Your praise And with Your glory all the day. You, who have shown me great and severe troubles, Shall revive me again, And bring me up again from the depths of the earth. You shall increase my greatness, And comfort me on every side."


<< Home