Sorry to have worried so many and been so quiet... June 2, 2007
I am so sorry to worry you, both Ethan and I have been in the hospital. We are both home and doing better. We had an intestinal bug that was so bad they had to paralyze our intestines. They had to give Ethan Morphine and Toradol to cover the pain he was in. Mine was a little harder to control, they gave me general anesthesia to knock my bowel out...it worked for a couple of days...then it started all over again...then Gary got it. It is horrible. Shayla was the only one spared. Evan had it in the beginning but nowhere's near as severe as the three of us. Ethan has a condition called CVS... Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome... It is rather rare..but not too unheard of. I was really glad we got a Dr at the hospital that was familiar with it and knew what to do. He helped us greatly and kept Ethan from going into further shock than he already was. By the time I got him to the hospital he was already throwing up blood, so it was pretty severe. I was still really weak but there was no choice but for me to take him. Gary needed to stay home with the other two. He does not do well with all the medical questions and what not and can't give them the answers that they would have needed when I got there. And Ethan only wanted me, which is totally out of character for him...he usually only ever wants Daddy. That's just some of it... There has been a lot going on with my work also....but I will update more on that later...


<< Home