Saturday, February 17, 2007

Update 021607

I have a specific prayer request please... Haven't gone to the board with this yet, just found out yesterday...

I went to neurologist, this was to meet the new Dr, that was replacing mine as he retired, she is very young, but that may have just worked in my favor. As did the fact that she did not have my file and ANY of my history... NONE of it. I know it is really bad of me, but I did not give her all of my long H&P. I just gave her what she needed to know. She started to do a thorough exam and all of a sudden she got this scared look on her face and I asked her what was going on. She told me to wait a second, she wanted to check something else. She looked in my eyes for a LONG time. Then she told me what she was concerned about. I have swelling behind my eyes. She asked if I have been having trouble with my eyes. I told her yes, my left eye inparticular. It has been sore since before Christmas but that my eye Dr has been watching it and treating it for what he thought was an infection. She then stopped the exam RIGHT there... And ordered blood tests right away, with this a bleeding time test, which I would have normally failed miserably with all the blood thinners I am on...but right now, I guess it was okay because I hardly bled at all. I am also extremely dehydrated too though, so that could have impacted it. Either way she needed the results that she got for it, so I passed that one yesterday. She is ordering a spinal tap and a MRI for as soon as she can get it. She feels there is one of two things going on... A condition called Pseudotumor cerebri or there is REALLY a tumor there in my brain. My eyes are getting pushed forward by something. So I guess we really want the condition if we have to choose. From what I have read on it, my estrogen therapy would be the cause of both, so either way, I am pretty much in a bad place, because that is something that I cannot stop taking.

Gary and I watched 20/20 last night and Suzanne Somers was on there promoting Bio-identical hormones and saying how wonderful they are, and that you won't get sick from them because they are made from Yams and not horses urine...Well, I see it this way....horses urine is keeping ME, PERSONALLY alive, where if I was to ingest YAMS, which are SOY based and are full of ESTROGEN POSITIVE receptors of their own, which would then reek havoc on my body. I already have too many EPRs as it is.

I'm rambling at this point... But there it is in a nutshell, now the new consensus is....there is something in my head. Oh, and anybody that wants to know....GOLD is not magnetic, so I don't have to cut off my bracelets to do the MRI. I have never had one, because I was always told that all metals would have to be removed and my Hawaiian and Jade bracelets don't come off not a matter of won't, CAN'T) so that was great to find out.

My head is really sore, but she did up my meds for that, so hopefully in a few days that will begin to make a difference on that,


Wanted to say also, Ethan has brought all of his grade up but one from D's & F's to B's & C's in 5 weeks. This is a HUGE answer to prayer!!!


ยป Get your own FREE music player