I saw an old friend today....
When Shayla went to preschool, every morning there was this white rooster, that she had named Turkey (don't know why, but that is what she called him) that lived at the house next to the church parking lot. He would be there EVERY morning, when we got to school. If the kids weren't done eating their breakfast, which was usually musubi, we would throw the rice in his direction and he would come eat it. Right before the end of the school year, we stopped seeing him. I really missed him.
Today....over two years later, he is back. He was on the roof of the house, he was just walking around the roof crowing. It was so great to see him. I know it may sound funny, but I was so happy to see him there. I had a smile on my face all day when I thought of him.
There is also a little plover that is there every day that the kids have named Joshie. We say hi to him every day. He is there in the afternoons when the younger two, Evan and Solomon get picked up.
Tomorrow is Grandparents day at the preschool. Evan came home early today. I picked him up right after lunch, his right eye is sore. I think he is getting something viral. I am just watching him for now. No point in going to the Dr as there is nothing he can do at this point. I hope he is feeling better in the morning, they have a program and Miss Traci says that he is simply precious when they are up on the stage singing and dancing. I would love for him to be there and be able to participate in that. I do have a neurologist appointment, right after that. School for Ev and Sol gets out right after that, so Tash will have to take Sol home, but I will take Ev with me to the Dr, then come home after my appointment.
Meds are kicking in, going to check GCM one last time really quick then go to bed....


<< Home