Monday, October 16, 2006

EARTHQUAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had an earthquake like you would not believe yesterday! I think that is an UNDERSTATEMENT!!!... We just got out power back after almost 24ours being off... here are links to info about it. I don't know how to make them open in new windows, so you will either need to do that or come back here after opening them.... (this is what I had posted to my mama's board) SEHW70 PHEB 151712
EQIHWX
HIZALL-151812-

TSUNAMI BULLETIN NUMBER 001
PACIFIC TSUNAMI WARNING CENTER
0712 AM HST 15 OCT 2006

TO - CIVIL DEFENSE IN THE STATE OF HAWAII

SUBJECT - LOCAL TSUNAMI INFORMATION BULLETIN

THIS BULLETIN IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ACTION REQUIRED.

AN EARTHQUAKE HAS OCCURRED WITH THESE PRELIMINARY PARAMETERS

ORIGIN TIME - 0708 AM HST 15 OCT 2006
COORDINATES - 19.9 NORTH 155.9 WEST
LOCATION - 6 MILES NNW OF PAUANAHULU HAWAII
MAGNITUDE - 6.5

EVALUATION

NO TSUNAMI IS EXPECTED. REPEAT. NO TSUNAMI IS EXPECTED.
HOWEVER, MANY AREAS MAY HAVE EXPERIENCED STRONG SHAKING.

THIS WILL BE THE ONLY BULLETIN ISSUED FOR THIS EVENT UNLESS
ADDITIONAL DATA ARE RECEIVED.




http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2006/Oct/15/br/br2546387190.html
These are the new links I found Just now....today...
This last link.... There are 62 earthquakes on here!!!
I know some aren't from yesterday but that is still scary!!!
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsus/Maps/HI2/19.21.-157.-155.php
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsus/Quakes/ustwbh.php
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsus/Maps/HI2/19.21.-157.-155.php


ยป Get your own FREE music player