Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Letter to Ethan's teacher that semi updates about Drs appt...

Mrs, T****,

Good morning... Hope your morning is off to a better start than ours... I am trying to stick to my devotional verse this morning...

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again, Rejoice! - Philippians 4:4

Joy is found in the Lord, not in things. Joy is found in knowing that he always accompanies, sustains, helps, protects, and upholds me. How can I not rejoice? God loves me so much that he emptied heaven of his greatest treasure so that I could join him in glory. Joy is mine because of his grace.


This was the sidebar that went with the verse today and it seems so fitting for how today is ALREADY going.... That being said....

Ethan did NOT do any homework AT ALL last night. BUT we did find the words that go to Spelling 25, so he has that to turn in today, He will also NOT be going on the field trip on the 22nd if he is not caught up on everything AND staying caught up.

His Doctors appointment was rather interesting yesterday... We have had problems with this Dr in the past, and when I took him in to see him yesterday, told him that we had taken Ethan in to have further testing done, well... Lets just say, this Dr is NOW jumping through hoops. All I told the Dr was that we have a PRELIMINARY diagnoses of Bi-polar and Asperger's and his eyes got really big, and all of a sudden he wants to quit his Prozac and WITHOUT so much as a piece of paper or a phonecall...only MY word...he wants him on an ANTI-PSYCHOTIC DRUG!!! . Yes, I understand that this specific drug is in Ethan's future, but, ummm, excuse me, there is PROTOCOL to follow here....

Could you please let us know, as we have discontinued the Prozac as of this morning and he is only on his Focalin XR now, if you notice ANY differences, either GOOD or BAD, PLEASE. It will be 6-8 weeks before we will get the final report in and no real medicine changes will be made until that point I believe.

Sorry this turned into a mega book... I am very tired and tend to ramble, thank you for your help with all of this.

*****************************

I was discussing this with a friend last night...don't you think it's ironic, how Dr. Jacobs said there was NO WAY IN HELL that Ethan could be Bi-polar and LOOK he is!!!! and now that we are on our way to getting the REAL help that he needs, Dr. Jacobs is SCARED!!!! I am sorry, he messed with the wrong mama bear. I think he is used to dealing with other mama's that just go with the flow and medicate their kids into submission, WELL...... what about the 2% of us that for; 1. don't want to and 2. that doesn't work!!??

I was stresing out about this so much last night I woke up at 4 am this morning and CLEANED my kitchen spotless. It looks great but now I am ready ... at 730am to go back to bed ....


ยป Get your own FREE music player