Sunday, September 10, 2006

I haven't put too much about what has been going on with Ethan...

But we started Psychological testing awhile back... some of it had to be put on hold while we dealt with Gma's death and burial but we finished up the testing yesterday afternoon with the center. Preliminary findings, the final report from the Drs will take up to 6-8 weeks to come back.... these findings are what I have known in my heart for a very long time and have been waiting for....

He is Bi-polar and High functioning Asperger's. These are both on top of the ADD, ADHD, OCD and ODD. I have no idea as of yet what the plan of action is... BUT I do know that the medications that he is on are not the right ones AT ALL. Something needs to drastically change before he hurts himself or somebody around him.

I sat in the Drs office yesterday crying, but I wasn't sad. I know that sounds really weird... but they were tears of joy. Now Ethan can get the help that he needs. Dr. Alex is also going to start doing a therapy with him called Eyelights. This is a light therapy that does something to the brain. I am so tired that I can't explain it really well right now, but wanted to jot it down before I forget everything. Dr. Peg is also working on getting us a PEDIATRIC PSYCHIATRIST and getting us away from Dr. Jacobs. She is not at all happy with us seeing him either. She has a call into Dr. Stahl's office also.

I start therapy with her this week too. I hope in some way that that will help. At times, I feel like I have nobody to talk to at all. Yes, I know, I have some REALLY wonderful people in my life but they all have full plates also and I don't want to burden them... it would be so much easier to talk to somebody that has no connection to me, so we will see how this goes.

That is all the time that I have for now... back to cleaning the house....


ยป Get your own FREE music player