Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I need to say Goodbye to a dear friend...

I just heard today that a dear friend of mine is now Flying with Angels...
Kalyca was a member of my cancer support group for only a short time but we connected on so many levels. She fell ill while she was pregnant with her youngest. She did not want to do anything to harm her child and in choosing this it endangered her life. Once her daughter was born, her fight started in earnest. She fought hard, up until the end... almost 2 years in all. Here battle is now over and she is no longer in pain. Her battle is WON, she is victorious at last, SHE HAS BEATEN CANCER, BECAUSE IT DID NOT TAKE HER PRECIOUS DAUGHTER!!!! Please be praying for her family as they face this time now and try and rebuild THEIR lives without her. I try to find peace in the fact that SHE is at peace. I also learned the meaning of her name today... Kalyca is Greek, and it means... the Keeper of the Keys... this is a very fitting name for her....as she is now the Keeper of the Keys for those that she has gone on to wait for.
These are the lyrics to one of my favorite songs, they are so fitting right now....
NA LEO PILIMEHANA
FLYING WITH ANGELS

Where are you going, inside your mind
I guess were always livin'
on borrowed time
Yes I will be here, to hold your hand
just close your eyes and sleep
I understand

Chorus:
You're flying with angels
above us all and I'll be here
to catch you if you fall
If others leave you, you know I'll stay
My dreams will whisper to you
and guide you way
so sleep my darlin' (sleep my darlin')
one kiss goodnight (one kiss goodnight)
another song awaits you
with rising eyes
Chorus 2x
Oh I'll be here to catch if you fall


ยป Get your own FREE music player