Went to Dr Kessel today...
One great thing came out of it.... next visit will be in his new office so there will no longer be that long trek to the bowels of the Queen's hospital basement. They have bought the old Honolulu Medical Group on the corner of Beretania and Punchbowl and it will now be called POB3. No clue what they are going to do about parking but we will see....
He didn't like my labs... didn't like my fevers, bone pain, abdominal pain, the fact that in the last month I have had a bad mammogram and surgery. He is changing none of my existing medications but he is adding a new one. A heavy duty pain medication. YUCK! He is starting me out on a "baby" dose. He said most people would be bowled over with this but with my tolerance it won't do anything, if in a week we need to tweak it we can. Pain medication is no longer as needed.... it now EVERYDAY!!! this is really getting scary. The one good thing though, this is not a narcotic, so there is a good side of this. The pharmacy said it wouldn't be ready until tomorrow but I called a bit ago and it was ready so we will see what it does tonight.
There was some justice served today.... Evan and I went to Kailua after the Dr, to go to the health food store. We were getting ready to come back to Kaneohe, and we were waiting at the signal, when all of a sudden I heard a BIG CRASH.... a car came at one of the cars stopped at the light just ahead of me by only two cars. I didn't see it as I was passing Evan his apple juice... all of a sudden I see all these guys, jump out of their cars, pull this big local hawaiian guy out of his car and SIT on him in the road. HE WAS DRUNK. Thankfully, it looked like nobody was hurt. I sat there at that light for almost an hour before they let us through. I sure hope that guy gets in trouble for drinking and driving, he could have killed somebody, he was REALLY out of it.
For all of you that have been praying for my injured turte for the past year... I think we can safely say she has made a FULL recovery... today she completed what amounted to turtled olympics in her tank, to catch her last fish... and proudly chomped it for lunch. She is currently looking for more, so she is still hungry and Gary will have to get her some more from Koki's tank outside. Her footless leg no longer seems to hinder her at all in swimming or manuevering around her tank.
Gary just picked up my medicine so we will see how this works.. my Lilman wants me to go cuddle with him... so I am sure I will be back online later but for now I am going to close this and send this to post...have a great night all.


<< Home