We had a crisis yesterday of sorts....
IF ONLY IT WAS THIS EASY!!! We had an encounter with Uku's!!! (lice). I got a call yesterday morming at 930am to come get Boo, she had ukus. This sent me into a panic as many of you know,... I have LONG hair and just the thought of this started my head itching.
I grabbed my handy reference book for melaleuca products and looked up lice on my way to get her and was reading at the stop lights. I also had to call and cancel my Drs appointment, which I was really looking forward to, oh well. Once I get to her, I had to have her teacher show me what I was even looking for because I have never even seen lice before. Get her home, get her hair washed and get the mela oil on it. The nits are not moving at ALL. I really wanted to not have to use any pesticides. We did end up going and getting NIX, that stuff rocks...one applications and 10 HOURS if combing and she is NIT FREE. She went back to school today and 14 hours later our house is VERY VERY clean. Needless to say, I will be checking her and myself for a LONG time to come, just to be sure. The one good thing about the boys and Gary, they are all bolo head,
makes it hard for ANYTHING to stick to that!This weekend I need to work on the blanket that I am knitting for Terry. Next week will make one year that Gma has been with her and I wanted to give it to her as a gift of appreciation. I can never tell or show her how much it means to me or us in what she has done in helping us with Gma.
Evan's preschool physical got cancelled twice this week. Dr. Stahl is really sick. I did find out some information about his cough... He was off work a great deal last year and I saw him in chemo several times although he totally avoided me.... found out from his nurse yesterday... he had one of his lungs removed.... I am not a Dr, but I am a cancer patient and 2+2-1 lung does not = a healthy Dr. I plan on asking some questions of my own when we see him on Sunday.
Lydia made it through surgery yesterday okay. She is recouping at her auntie's house a couple of blocks from here. Evan and I went and saw her this afternoon. We just stopped by to check on her to make sure she was okay and then we came home and made dinner. It was a pretty quiet night. We were really worn out from all the excitement yesterday.
I did have a medicine change this morning and it knocked me flat out for 4 hours. I am not sure how this is going to work but I hope my body gets used to is soon. This can't be a good thing if it does it everyday. Meds are starting to make me loopy again... bed is looking good right about now. Have a good night all...


<< Home