Surgery is scheduled for Tuesday morning at 830am
They are calling it a needle biopsy to gain the help of the radiologist. They will place a 14-16 inch needle into the side of my breast going towards my nipple. They will then cut out a big chunk of breast tissue that the needle will be pointing at, where the micro calcifications will be in. These are little "pin pricks" on the films. Dr is hoping to get as much of the cancer as he can in this surgery, that way there will be less to have to do anything with. The staging will be done at this time also. Treatment course will be determined at this time too. He stopped my blood thinners, and started me on antibiotics to ward off infection. It's going to be a long weekend. He also explained some other things to me that I sat and told Jen, but are alluding me at the moment, meds are kicking in and knocking me out. I have decided that the knitting I am doing is going to be a blanket and that I am going to give it to Terry for taking care of Gma. We will see how long it takes. I am done with almost one whole skein of yarn, which will be one section of the blanket.
Jean, Rachel's mom from 3 houses up will watch the kids on Tuesday. God is so awesome in how He is providing for everything!


<< Home