Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I went for my post-op appointment today 6/20...

Thought that I would only hear re-enforcement of the phone-call that I had with the nurse on Friday...NO FURTHER CANCER... that was not to be the case... Dr. Cheung came in and told me, that although he was pleased with the surgery, he is now not sure that he got it all, and that he ALSO took out a CHRONIC MASTITIS INFECTION in the BREAST TISSUE that I didn't even know that I had!!! How scary is that. He also ORDERED me not to go in the ocean, pools or into the sun for the summer. This is not what I wanted to hear as Gary has his company picnic this coming weekend at Kailua Beach Club. I also have to have a repeat Mammogram in DECEMBER with follow-up with Dr. Bhattacharyya. He also did not like my platelet count at surgery and didn't like my incision site today, so next week, either Tuesday or Wednesday... I will be going in for a transfusion.

I talked to Terry today, Gma is no longer talking. She thinks Gma is having mini-strokes. I can't say that I am very surprised by this but I cannot begin to think that her body can hang on for very much longer. I had a very frustrating conversation today with Daddy about this. In a way I am glad that I don't keep a history of my conversations and I was just so upset by it when I finished.. and it was like he couldn't even be bothered with it all.... THIS IS HIS MOTHER...

***********************************
... POSITIVE INTENT ...
... POSITIVE INTENT ...
... POSITIVE INTENT ...
... POSITIVE INTENT ...
... POSITIVE INTENT ...
RIGHT???????

***********************************

That is where my sanity lies in so I have to chant that over and over and over tonight.


I am going to just get it out of my head and totally change the subject.....

We found out that we have 3 baby love birds and not just 2. The kids have named them Spirit, Soul and Secret. I took some pictures which was hilarious in itself, as the bird cage hangs from the ceiling beams of the outside rafters. I was standing on the cat litter bucket, with my hand in the middle SMALL door of the bird cage with the camera poking in the top of their house... And I am intruding on their dinner time and daddy bird... Hope is squacking at me and trying to attack the camera while I am snapping pictures of his "cugly" chicks. This is a word that a friend shared with me tonight, it's a cross between... cute and ugly, and that is what these babies are... they are so ugle they are cute....hence... CUGLY! Soul, is the one with the bald head and the really dark beak so far, seems he has a blue wing feather. Spirit has yellow coming in on her head simialr to mama Promise, and Secret... who we knew NOTHING about at all until Sunday... is almost totally bald and really small, so possibly hatched at a later date? I don't know enough about Lovebirds yet to be able to tell any of this yet, we are learning as we go. We also found out they LOVE corn on the cob, but ONLY after it has sat in their cage for DAYS and is hard, not soft and fresh like we were told.

REMEMBER, these are their parents.... Hope & Promise


**************************************

On to other things going on in our house...
Ethan & Shayla have been going to summer fun for almost one week now. They really seem to be enjoying it, however... Ethan has made a friend that CALLS HERE AT NIGHT! I am sorry, but what can 8 year olds POSSIBLY have to talk about when they have been together all day. Last night I let him talk to this boy for a few minutes, tonight I was talking to a GCM mama, and he called 4 different times while I was on the phone. It was after 8pm. That is too late for Ethan unless it is family anyways. I politely told him that Ethan cannot get calls at home at night when he had been with "you" all day at summer fun. I also stressed the point to Ethan that our number is Unlisted for a REASON and that I don't want him to go around giving it out to somebody he has ONLY known for 2 days... he back-mouthed and told me, "No, I've known him for 5 days." That was it. Told him it was time for bed. Gary asked me when I was allowed to talk on the phone with friends. I told him I was 13. I remember it being a big deal. EIGHT IS WAY TOO YOUNG FOR THIS!!!

Okay nobody wants to listen or go to bed, so all the lights are going off...... it will be an early night.... did I mention that GARY DID NOT GO TO MY APPOINTMENT WITH ME?????

That is a whole other can of worms and I will NOT get into that right now, suffice to say, I AM GOING TO BED and I really don't care what he does tonight!

P.S. I had put this in a post on GCM two days ago... does this blow anybody elses mind???.... After reading my post-op report today 6/19/06... I had my 15,000 stitch put into my body last week. Not sure if that is something to be proud of or not but... after 29 surgeries in 13 years, I guess I can say... at least I have SOMETHING to show for it... SOMEBODY (or a BUNCH of somebodies) LEARNED TO SEW ON ME!!!! (how scary a thought that somebody has been keeping track of all my stitches)

P.S.S. Ro, Saw that you got home okay, I know it will be awhile before you see this after you get all settled, was Maddie glad that her mama was home? We ARE going to try and go home for Christmas so MAYBE we can get together then.

Okay... now that it is already almost 2am Wednesday morning and I have no clue when I really started this as I keep adding things... I AM GOING TO BED!!!






» Get your own FREE music player