Here is my precious Boobird in her finished costume for her graduation play....
I made her costume....
I sent some of you the picture as I was making the costume, so here is the finished product. The play was a rendition of Peter rabbit but the main Bunnie's name was Patty and Mr. McGreggor's Garden. Shayla was a bird.
(She is the little gold and black bird, lol)
She had a singing solo and everything. These are the only two pictures I got as my camera decided to short out on me and I didn't get any pictures of the cap and gown portion of her kindergarten graduation either.


They have been out of school one whole week already this week. And this week has not been an easy one at all. For those of you that don't know, I was diagnosed with breast cancer this week. I will be having surgery this coming Tuesday, 6/13/06. First to be diagnosed on 6/6/06 and then to have surgery on 6/13/06, oh well, good thing I am not really superstitious. The Dr will be doing a guided surgery with the help of a radiologist where they use a needle to show him where he needs to cut out the malignant tissue. From this surgery they will determine what type of treatment, radiation or chemo is needed. From the phone call that I got from the hospital today, something will be needed. They are trying to get this all lined up and taken care of. I have come to find out I have a great neighbor up the road from us. She will not be working this summer. She has offered to help me in whatever way that I need her. She will be helping us with the kids on Tuesday as we have to be at the hospital really early.... 7am.

I am really trying to not stress too much over all of this, it's NOT in my hands. I have to tell all of you, I am scared on a totally different level than I ever have been before, but again, it is out of my control. I have turned it all over to one greater. I don't want this to sound all preachy or anything to those of you that don't believe the same as me, but those of you that do, you will understand, I am in Another's hands, and His hands will guide the surgeon's and that is ALL that matters RIGHT NOW. One day, one step at a time. We take Tuesday and then go from there.
I didn't mean to take over this email but it just kinda happened... But there are the pictures of Shayla's finished costume...

I am really trying to not stress too much over all of this, it's NOT in my hands. I have to tell all of you, I am scared on a totally different level than I ever have been before, but again, it is out of my control. I have turned it all over to one greater. I don't want this to sound all preachy or anything to those of you that don't believe the same as me, but those of you that do, you will understand, I am in Another's hands, and His hands will guide the surgeon's and that is ALL that matters RIGHT NOW. One day, one step at a time. We take Tuesday and then go from there.
I didn't mean to take over this email but it just kinda happened... But there are the pictures of Shayla's finished costume...




<< Home