
A wonderful lady that I have met online is in labor with her second child as I type this. It is late night early morning where she is, and I was online at the time and offered to help her keep her mind off of things for a bit. I was able to call her and talk to her for awhile, her husband is a pilot and out of town right now. Another friend of ours is going to come over and help her birth her baby, but she wanted to let her sleep as long as possible. While on the phone with her, her contractions went from 20 minutes to 13 minutes to 7 minutes apart. She was just getting to where she couldn't talk through them so we decided she needed to call in re-enforcement's to physically get there to help her. Her daughter is upstairs asleep in their bed, and really is too young to know what is going on.
Please pray that she has a healthy and safe birth. She previously had a c-section so now that she is having a home birth, things need to go smoothly so that nothing catastrophic happens. Her husband won't be able to get home until tomorrow morning at 11am at the earliest. If I had known that TONIGHT was the night I jokingly told her my sis could have come and helped her... She had been in Denver tonight meeting a friend of ours. Colorado Springs isn't TOOOOOO much further out of her way.... I can say that because here I sit 5000 miles away and wanting to be there for her.
Of course now I am wayyyy to excited to sleep. I told her SOMEBODY has to call me or post in email or on our board either play by play or at the VERY LEAST... Baby is here message. Gary gave up on me when he heard her on the phone... He is sleeping and off in dreamland, so he won't miss me sitting here hitting refresh every couple of seconds.
I know I am totally looney but this is so awesome to me. I got such crappy news earlier this week, but here a new life is coming into the world... I just think this is God's way of telling me... Things continue to go on even when one is down, so I will try to choose to think of the bright positive things and not dwell on anything horrible.
Candice, please know I am praying and I expect a full detailed version of what happened from the minute I hung up with you until I hear the next update.... Watch I going fall asleep here waiting... Now that is what I call GCM dedication.


<< Home