Wednesday, May 10, 2006

May 10th... sorry to have been so quiet for so long...

The past couple of days have been really hard. I had the PET scan on Friday, and that weighed on me all weekend. I was supposed to have had an appointment with Dr. Cho on Monday at 10am. I slept through it. With Mom and Dad here, I got to sleep and not worry about Evan. I didn't wake up until the house phone rang....it was the school calling to tell me Ethan was sick and I needed to come get him. I jumped up, realizing that my cell had not rung all morning... go to look at it, the ringer was all the way down from Church on Sunday... I had a ton or voicemails. As I am brushing my teeth and throwing on Gary's shirt and a pair of shorts I am listening to some and already calling others back as I walked out the door. I wasn't up when the kids left for school so I had no idea what was going on with Ethan but I had known the night before Evan was starting to sound Croupy so it wasn't a risk I was going to take with the school calling with Ethan now. I got him home, he was coughing but no fever. I did give him some cough medicine, as it would help him rest... he knocked out in the patio for about 3 hours. Evan was worse when I got home, no voice, or very little. He sounded... still sounds like he swallowed a frog. But of course when I tell him that, he is not tooo sick to start jumping around and saying ... "Ribbit, ribbit"... BL can appreciate that, she has a froggy too, lol. When it came time for homework though, Ethan was impossible, but also he hadn't had any more of his Ritalin, and he was having a major meltdown. Sent him to bed, telling him he could work on in the morning....

Morning came EXTREMELY early, he was UP FOR THE DAY at 1AM, with Evan to follow at 2am and Shayla at 5am. I took them to school and stopped by the office....letting them know that unless he was BLEEDING or UNCONSCIOUS, he was going to stay at school, that he had no fever and his cough has mysteriously disappeared. I went on home for a bit, and got Steph's package all ready to mail out FINALLY, walked out the door to go to the bank, post office, Dr appointment, and pet store... AND LEFT her package on my desk. Got all the errands ran, and go to the first Dr appt, Dr. Hubbs, shoulder is progressing good, except for where I hit it on the dresser with Evan's "flying" episode...poor hummingbird, minus a beak still yet, but anyways, he filled my script and I was laughing on the way down to the pharmacist....

He had written on the script.... THIS PATIENT KNOWS HOW TO TAKE THIS MEDICATION... as the dosing instructions. I get to the pharmacy, decided to go to the one downstairs in between appointments and get the whole lecture on how Vicodin is related to codeine and if I am allergic to codeine how could I possible be taking Vicodin... finally get them to fill it. Go back upstairs to Dr. Cho's office for him to tell me horrible news.

There is a 3cm lesion on my spleen. They don't know what has caused this but he wants to do a biopsy of my spleen to see what is going on. There are also numerous tumors on the internal abdominus muscle...((yes Jen, we found the right muscle)) and that the course of action he wants to take for that is to have Dr. Kessel increase the progesterone again, and start back on the Provera Shots. I REALLY DON'T WANT TO DO THAT. I am crazy enough with the steroids, now to add all those hormones back... Gary is going to have to lock me up. BUT before they do this, I need to get a mammogram as a baseline as Progesterone tags specific female tissues. I no longer have a uterus so it will go straight to breast tissue. We already have had problems here, for those that don't know... 4 tumors removed in under 2 years, last being in 1996. Two were benign, one was malignant, one was "dead", unable to classify. I have been breastfeeding for the better part of 9 years with Evan only weaning recently. MAMMOGRAM scheduled for Tuesday May 30, 2006 @ 8:400am. Also, Dr. Cho wanted me to see the neurologist that I was trying to get into see for Dr. Kessel. Just got that appointment a few minutes ago.... Wednesday May 24, 2006 @ 11am.

Okay, back to the appointment yesterday... he sends me over to Castle to have a biopsy done of my spleen.....THEY DID THIS IN THE ER!!!!!
But at least it was done and FAST. The nurses asked me if I had somebody to drive me home... YES ME! They weren't too happy about that. I had been trying to call Gary and no answer and some guy at the jobsite office kept telling me.... He's stepped out of his office.... UM... I FIGURED THAT OUT SHERLOCK... WHERE IS HE??? I finally got his Accountant and she found him for me. How sad is that? I have to call his office many many times to get a different person to answer... and then they find him... I tell you he has mullets working for him.

Anyways, I get home and Evan has decided he wanted boxed mac and cheese... MIL doesn't know how to make it??? I made him his mac and cheese with SOUR CREAM (purple container), he kept telling her he wanted purple stuffs on top, she had no clue what he was talking about, and he went down for a nap. I had JUST layed down with him and Hoku, the dog next store starting barking, telling me somebody was out front. I had called HawaiianTelecom the otherday asking about one of our lines...if somebody could come out and look at it and tell me if it was cable or phone as it is going through our neighbor's tree. He came and told me that it was the cable but he would also look at why our phone was so staticky. He changed the main line going out to the road and told me what I needed to tell Oceanic when they come out tomorrow...yeah just got that call that it was moved up a day...and then I called Jen.. ALL THE STATIC IS GONE!!!! woohoo. By then, Evan is now up and Mom and Dad are ready and pacing for Gary to be home to take them to the airport.

I was starting to get very sore from doing WAY TOO MUCH, so I decided to go check on the new fisht that I had bought JUST 2 hours before....

KOKI had eaten 11 of the 12 I bought of the feeder fish and the NEW PLECO IS MISSING!!!!! COMPLETELY mind blowing.... I knew he was hungry but OH MY!!!! Good thing I bought worms, otherwise Kola wouldn't have had ANYTHING to eat. We did a search of the tank late last night... no Pleco, no clue what happened. I thought it was big enough that Koki wouldn't mess with it, but I guess not. We gave Kola the last feeder and 6 worms.. they were gone in less than 10 minutes. I am wondering if they are going through a spring growth spurt or something.

My stomach got extremely bloated last night and I couldn't get comfortable. I took my meds and it took forever to kick in. Just as I was falling asleep, Shayla woke up with a sore stomach. I was not gracious or nice at all as I am beginning to see a pattern to this... McDonald's for dinner... Shayla up sick.... oops Gary home will come back to this...

Okay, Gary brought a sleeping Evan home on his lunch break. I was able to take a shower and Gary went and bought me a meatball sandwich which of course became meatball-less as soon as he got home. The people as Subway think you are insane when you ask for a meatball sub MINUS the meatballs. I like the sauce but can't eat the balls. Anyways, I was able to get a shower and get clean clothes on that I promptly dropped SAUCE on... gotta love that Tide to go stick... took it right out.

Daddy called while I was trying to clean my top and was asking me if I was still collecting those state quarters... told him I stopped after the first year I think. I did get to ask him if Char had quit smoking.... OOPS... forgot to tell you about that conversation EARLIER... SHE IS PREGNANT.... she got married on Saturday and from what I have heard the wedding was awful, if something could go wrong it did. I do have to say... what goes around comes around..... Nuff said on that. I do pray that she changes some of her ways if not all of them before this baby is born. I was very upset when I talked to Connie on Sunday and then Daddy later that night but there is nothing that I can do. I just pray that MY kids will not be hurt in how this pans out.

Okay, back to Shayla.... she woke up with a belly ache, Gary had her walk around the patio for awhile and then she fell off to sleep. She felt better this morning and went to school. He also just told me that Ethan woke up this morning and did all of his spelling work including TODAY's this morning without being told. Hopefully we can get caught up on the rest of his work tonight. I did after my whole yelling match at him last night... did tell him that I was very proud of the 95% he got on his geography test last week.

I know I could ramble on and on... but all I can really think of at this moment is how scared I am of what they will find in me. I was hurrying to get to the phone when Daddy called and it hurt.... I said ouch and Daddy asked what was wrong, told him about the biospy yesterday and he totally blew me off and changed the subject. He can't deal with, that I GET... BUT DON'T PRETEND NOTHING IS WRONG. He made a comment about how his 2 children were both vegetarians... totally out of place and uncalled for. Oh, well, I am done with him, at least for today.

I need to go get some rest and have updated here a bit. I will update when I know more.


ยป Get your own FREE music player