Thursday, May 18, 2006

I have had this horrible cold that the kids have...


Today I am feeling a little bit better. I got a bunch of work done for home last night. I just realized last night that Shayla's graduation is NEXT WEEK FRIDAY... I need to get to the fabric store and get her wing material. She is going to be absolutely gorgeous. We actually have plans to go to a party this weekend,.... I so hope that I am feeling good enough to go, I want to see my friend and spend some time outside and away from being "sick". Next week already is when my dear friend gets to see her son too. I am being "auntie-escort" to get him from one airline to the other. I thought to call the airline this morning and it was a good thing that I did, as they had NO information that he was a minor traveling across the US alone. I gave all the information that they would need.. so now we just needs lots of prayers that A gets to NC safely and then in 2 months will return safetly back to Kauai.

We are having a really rough time with Ethan. Dr. Jacobs led me to believe that this new medication would just step in where the Ritalin left off.... BOY was he WAY off, Ethan is back to like he was before he was even on medication. Natural Consequences don't even matter to him, he has no guilt, no remorse, no nothing. When something happens as a consequence of his actions, he just blows it off and keeps on doing what it was that he was doing before. Gary got very upset last night and we even discussed the likelyhood of him having to be comitted at some point if medications no longer work. I am hoping that once this school year is over, and he is in his physical program for summer, that will help with some of this energy. And then hopefully, next school year his new teacher will be... I'm not sure of the words... but we have had a very difficult time with her methods of teaching. She is a great teacher but is not a great fit for Ethan. I could see Shayla and Evan both doing very well in her class in a couple of years but Ethan really needs somebody to push him and stay on top of him, where his teacher now is all about personal responsibility. I really am at a loss as to what to do. I don't have the energy or the patience to work with him very well right now.

I got a bunch of packages ready to mail today, and plan to go the post office when Evan gets up from his nap. If I promised you a package, I think it's in the mail, lol.

I watched the most awesome musical last night. Not knowing what it was about at all to begin with, I was surprised, but still open-minded. It was such a moving film. It was RENT. I can't say that everybody would like it due to the story line, but it had great music and even Evan loved the songs and was dancing to it.

My plans for tonight and tomorrow are to get all my desk trays straightened out and ready for what needs to be done. Roy leaves for the mainland tomorrow and will be gone until the 28th.... FREEDOM!!! or at least not as much stress for now. I have no idea what we are going to eat for dinner.... I think we need to go shopping when Evan brought me a block of MOLDY cheddar, lol. He was on a cheese fit this morning, first he brought me the cheese box, which was empty and then the moldy cheese... of course he couldn't bring me the brand new one that we opened the other night, nah that would be too easy.

Okay, going to try and get some more paperwork done before somebody needs something else from me. I still haven't made it to the drs for the blood work, but oh well, I figure I'm sik with this cold so it won't give accurate results rigth now anyways.. so what's the hurry?

Just wanted to say thankyou to my friends that have put up with all my junk the past few days... okay weeks, months, years....


ยป Get your own FREE music player