Today is the start of a new week, I expect big things to happen this week...
Here is the kids Easter Picture, at first Evan was crying, but then he was all smiles and we got a great picture. I am really glad that we got this one, as the one that I took at church on Sunday didn't come out well at all.I have a funny for you, but you can't tell Ethan that I shared it with you...
He told me yesterday that he now KNOWS where babies come from, a girl in 5th grade told him EVERYTHING... "Mommie and daddy's have sex and share GERMS and then they get a baby." I was so glad that I was driving and that he couldn't see my face, I was trying so hard not to laugh, I called Gary and told him right away that we need to sit down and have a talk with him. I am SO not ready for this, he's still my baby. He can't possibly be growing up this fast.
Today the kids go back to school after their four day Easter break. We didn't do too much for East aside from going to Church as Shayla was still not feeling 100%. We went to breakfast after church and she didn't eat anything, so that was a sign that all was still not well. I made a wonderful Easter lunch/dinner. Ethan helped me to make a cherry pie, and he and I watched Chronicles of Narnia Saturday night while everybody else slept. It was a good time to spend with him. I have one on one time with Evan everyday, but don't get it with the older two too often anymore. I had one on one time with Shayla while we were at the hospital but I don't think that is anybodies ideal situation for that.
I was spared the mean nurse both Friday and Monday but she reared her ugliness today... I am actually headed out the door in a few minutes to go to Castle for yet another bone marrow aspiration. Evan has not been feeling great this morning so I hope that he sleeps the majority of the time that we are there. I have changed 11 diapers since 730am and it is now only 10am. I need to stop by the store and pick up some guava juice for him.
On a bright note... we were able to pick-up all the taxes on Friday and get them all mailed out... SIX RETURNS for us, Gma and the trust. That was a huge weight to be lifted off my shoulders.
My goals for this week are to get some things caught up....
WORK
( )1. All workorders done
( )2. All invoices completed and mailed out
( )3. All postings done
( )4. FMC paperwork signed and returned & Leasing papers for Dolphins
( )5. Mail out the baby blankets for Cristy, Camille and Betsy Page.
( )6. DPC Change Order - Waikikian, DPC Billings - Ohana Done & Out
HOME
( )7. Gma's meds and supplies to Terry
( )8. Confirm information for Adam's flight w/ Fay - arrangements for Ev?
( )9. Track Char down on Yahoo and let her know I got invite but can't come.
( )10. Laundry (Auntie Lala blankets are dirty)
( )11. Turtle Tank re-set up (both Kola & Koki's)
( )12. I would really like to clean parlor carpet, will have to see on that one.
APPOINTMENTS
These are NOT in order...
( )13. Dr. Kessel - Lyssa 4/21/06
( )14. Castle - Lyssa 4/18/06 - Bone Marrow Aspiration
( )15. Need to let Dr. Stahl know how Shayla is
( )16. Need to make appointment with Dr. Yamaoka
( )17. Dr. Stahl to see Gma at some point @ Terry's
( )18. Ethan has Dr. Jacobs on 5/15/06 @330pm, need to write in schedule.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I came home from the hospital after a nasty time there, won't even update about that but to say PRAISE THE LORD, Evan slept the whole time, but anyways, I was crying all the way home, I had to stop and run errands, ran into one of Shayla's teachers and of course I had to run into Kevin that I work with, lol. That was funny in itself... At the same time we are both saying... "hey aren't you supposed to be working?". I got Cristy and Camille's packages mailed and along with it, we will see how far it gets, but my post-it note with all the phone calls that I was supposed to make tonight was stuck to one of them when I dropped it in...oops. A little TMI here but I guess from changing Ev all day, now my tummy is not happy either, so I was trying to get home fast....and I pull into my driveway and there are two boxes there....
1.) The kids surprise, their monkey, that I have been waiting for as anxiously as they would if they knew what it was, and a
2.) Hug box from the wonderful ladies of GCM. I started crying harder then, but now the tears are tears of joy, I opened that box and felt all the arms of the wonderful ladies that I have met over the past year. I really have no idea where I would be without them. There was a wonderful handmade card from Sara, a beautiful card from Renny and her family, a wonderful book titled... "Experiencing God's Presence" that looks absolutely wonderful,... planning on getting a good look at that soon, a little plastic box filled with scripture cards that I can use for daily focusing, some wonderfully smelling moisturizing cream that I could smell before I even got the package open, some lip balm ( was very in need of that ) and a wonderful key chain that couldn't have come at a better time as my other one on my keys is breaking, and a little hardcover book titled... "when I'm on my knees". This book is filled with wonderful uplifting scriptures to brighten my days. And Marcella, being the wonderful friend that she is, well Marcella "Auntie Lala" included a super hero cape for Ev and it is blessed with a wonderful verse... FEAR NOT! God is stronger than anyone or anything! ~ 1 Cor, 1:25. That is such a powerful verse and speaks to me so much today. Today was one of those days where I felt very alone, but I know when I look back it will be one of the times that He carried me. Also included in this hug box was a wonderful poem that I would like to share....
"I have in my hands two boxes which God gave me to hold.
He said, "Put all your sorrows in the black,
And all your joys in the gold."
I heeded his words, and in the two boxes
Both my joys and sorrows I stored.
But though the gold became heavier each day,
The black was as light as before.
With curiosity, I opened the black, I wanted to find out why.
And I saw, in the base of the box, a hole,
Which my sorrows had fallen out by.
I showed the hole to God, and mused aloud,
"I wonder where my sorrows could be."
He smiled a gentle smile at me.
"My child, they're all here with me."
I asked, "God, why give me boxes,
Why the gold, and the black with the hole?"
"My child, the gold is for you to count your blessings,
The black is for you to let go."
Author Unknown...
Evan just woke up as I am sitting here typing.... he didn't even realize we had been out and about today, God answers prayers in the strangest ways. I was so worried that today would be very traumatic for him, as he is getting older and I can't hide the pain that some of the procedures cause now. But I was able to move him from our bed, to the car, to the stroller, to the car and back to the bed, and he barely woke for any of it and it was over the course of 5 hours. There was a verse in the card from Marcella as well... " 'I am God, and there is none like Me. I make known the end from the beginning... I say: "My purpose will stand..." ' " Isaiah 46: 9,10
There was no way that I could have done today without Him in control.
Today seems to have flown past where most times, these days lately seem to lag.
Again, I cannot even begin to express the love that I feel for all you wonderful ladies at GCM, and the wonderful cards that I get from my dear friends. I had a wonderful Easter card from Scarlett filled with sprinkly Easter confetti, I cherish all the cards that I receive from her as there is a bit of her in each one. And Jen, you know that there will never be another like you. I just wish it hadn't taken our whole lives for us to get to know each other. I cannot imagine what my life would have been like if you had been a part of it from the beginning.


<< Home