Thursday, April 06, 2006

This was the mass email that I sent out on 4/4/06

(I guess for those that are only following this, I really screwed up.... I had another surgery on 3/27/06 to take out my gallbladder.....two surgeries in two weeks NOT FUN!!!)

I want to start off by saying this will encompass many and that I felt for now that I needed to just send out this one big email, and if any have specific questions I will address those later....

I guess this is as good a place as any to jump in and let you all know I am alive. Scarlett just called a little bit ago and before I even said hi... I told her... You didn't have to go get a calling card to see if I was alive, lol. I love you all more than you will ever know. As I told Scarlett, I have been sleeping, and sleeping a LOT, I was only awake a total of an hour on Friday and maybe 3 or 4 on Sat and Sunday combined. My in-laws have been here and caring for all of us so it has made resting very easy. I was able to come home from the hospital early as I promised the Dr that I would get lots of sleep and that is what I have been doing. Evan is having a blast following Grandpa around and mom has been the best at cooking and cleaning and all that wonderful mothering stuff that poor Gary has been having to do on top of everything else.

Yesterday I had to drive to take Ethan to the Dr, he has a systemic staph infection with boils all over his body,,,, it's BAD. Please pray that we can get this under control. I don't want to gross anybody out but.... The amount of stuff that I am able to get out of these is horrific. He is in pain also but still has a good mood so I am glad for that. Luckily I had the brains and wits about me to call the Dr on Sunday when we noticed things were getting bad, the Dr was able to call in an antibiotic and get Ethan started on that. Ethan and Shayla have both had perfect attendance all 3 quarters of school so far and yesterday was his first day to miss, but I felt that this was serious enough that he needed to go to the Dr during school hours and not wait. The Dr felt so also. He did go back to school today but as soon as he got home I sent him to shower and lathered him back up and bandaged him. It is really scary to be doing this all to him, KNOWING, I have no immunities against this, but nobody else has the stomach for it... Did I mention that it is NASTY GREEN STUFF coming out???? It is BAD!!!! One more time before he goes to bed I will have another look and see how things are, but please pray that he is doing better soon, or I fear that they will put him in the hospital.

I went back for my post-op appointment today and the Dr did tell Gary and I that the Gallbladder was diseased and that 3 of the 4 lymph nodes they took out were bad. One was re-active and normal. There was no cancer to be found though so PRAISE the LORD on that one. The pain in my stomach that I have been dealing with for forever seems to be gone for now also, so I am really hoping that is did stem from the gallbladder and that it is gone for good.

I got back for my 3 week appointment for my shoulder in 2 days, and find out if I need to do physical therapy. I don't think he will order any as I am using my shoulder more now than I did before my surgery. It has been rather sore the past two days, but I am also trying to go longer periods between meds.

I talked to Terry today about Gma, and she is not doing good. She can no longer hold a conversation at all. She is more and more delusional and is having to be spoon fed. I need to get ahold of the Dr and schedule him to go see her as I can no longer take her to see him at all.

We are hoping that our close to 70 days of rain is at an end. There has been massive flooding and that is one of the things playing in the facts that Ethan even got this staph infection. EVERYTHING is contaminated and will be for quite awhile. We really need some sun.

I have been reading all the posts and emails that have been coming in but until today have not been able to sit here and do much of anything but read. I have been trying to get caught up on a bunch of things one of those being... TAXES are due in less than 2 weeks. I need to get my business taxes ready to take the accountant ASAP. They called today about something for Gma's trust and I will have that to them tomorrow and that will be one less thing to worry about.

I don't know that I can answer everyone individually but please know that all of you all in my prayers and thoughts everyday!!!

Fay & Jason I hope you are getting settled into you new house and that things are going smoothly....

Jen.... My loving SIS... I am so sorry that I have been neglecting you... That is REALLY sad that you didn't go over your minutes AT ALL THIS MONTH, that is REALLY REALLY BAD!!! I promise to rectify that soon, and will have you going over you minutes again real shortly.

Mommie & Ritchie, I am glad that you had a good time in London and thank you for the phone call to let me know that you were thinking of me. I feel the love even this far away.

Marie... I hope that you had a good visit with Cher and I can't wait to get something for her baby to be. I already am thinking of something that I know they will all love with a great feeling of Aloha sent from here.

Jean, Annette, Scarlett, Connie, Heather, Suzie, Joyce... You ladies have been my saving grace.

All the CFC Family.... Let me take a moment to welcome all the new members, I am so terribly sorry that I haven't been able to welcome you sooner, but I hope that Scarlett and Suzie have been filling in for me and Night Spirit.

As of Today....4/6/06

I saw Dr Hubbs today and he is impressed with the progress of my shoulder and doesn't think that I need PT. WOOHOO!!! I go back in one month and am to call him if there is anything I need before then.

Today running around for a few errands and that Drs appointment totally wiped me out and I came home and slept with Evan for a couple of hours. Gary was up again all night working so I know tonight will be an early night. I still need to get the tax stuff done so am hoping that tonight I will get a burst of energy and be able to do it!!! Less than 10 days and counting....


ยป Get your own FREE music player