I WILL NOT say What more, but it is there in my mind...
Shayla has been sick since about 820pm last night. I was trying to watch Everwood and she was laying beside me and she woke up in horrible pain. Her stomach. This is my child that hardly ever gets sick, so I am reduced to tears at the mere thought of her sick. I called for Gary and he had to take over. I never know what to do for her, as she won't talk to me like Ethan will. Gary massaged her tummy, we gave her a TUMS and she tossed and turned for awhile. She fell into a really restless sleep but then at about 2 am she was back up saying it was really sore. She went into the parlor with Gary and she was sitting in the recliner, I had just layed back down and I heard her gagging. She threw up a couple of times and then she fell asleep. She did this a couple of weeks ago and was fine when she got up, so she gets up this morning and starts getting ready for school and the pain in her stomach hits her again. Gary took her temp and it was 99.6. I decide to keep her home to see if a day of rest will help her feel better. She got hungry at about 9 I gave her a banana and some water. That stayed down. Then she was hungry again and I had some french bread that she loves, she ate to slices of that and some warm sprite, the tummy pain got really bad again. I gave her some of Ethan's liquid Zantac, that didn't do anything. She was curled up on the bed in a ball crying. I finally decided to try some Motrin. It is now 325pm and she woke up from a 3.5 hour nap, so I am hoping that helped some. I made some broth with long rice, one of her favorites, so hopefully I can get her to eat some and to feel better.
She also had perfect attendance up till now too, but again, I erred on the side of caution and kept her home. They would have sent her home because she was in so much pain. Gary is home now, so I am off to take a nap, I am wiped out.
I just pray that Ethan doesn't get this. He is the one with the horrible stomach, once he starts he doesn't stop until he is hospitalized. I was with it yesterday and Evan's diapers haven't been normal for a couple of days, so I am sure we are passing something around.


<< Home