We are home and getting settled back to normal...

We got the royal treatment as my uncle called in all sorts of favors. The hotel or inn as it was called was awesome. We were booked into a too small "room" and it was a new employees fault so the inn upgraded us to a $200 a night cottage. I took pictures, http://photobucket.com/albums/v109/boonpnutsmom/MOURA%20OHANA%202006/Tenting%20and%20Hotel/?sc=2 I will upload them in a bit and include them. This room had two separate bedrooms, a kitchen, dining area, parlor and bathroom. We all slept in the parlor and it was the best sleep all 5 of us have had in a LONG time. We all woke up refreshed and the kids didn't argue or anything and got to school on time eventhough we had a longer drive to town. Thursday night Ethan and I were even able to connect to Gary's computer long enough to do his Science report on Ernest Rutherford. We were ALL asleep by 830pm.
The owner of the company that tented our house took the tent off himself and we were able to enter 3 hours before they originally told us we would be able to. We cleaned the kitchen,.... it took 4 hours. You would not believe how nasty the refrigerator was. We brought all the animals but the cats home that night. I got Kola and Randy re-situated in their homes Saturday morning. Gary got Henni, Jenni, Lovey, Hope, Promise and Faith all situated that night. Koki the 7 AL's and all the small fish are still in temporary housing until we can get the turtle tank re-set up. We picked up the cats yesterday afternoon and for the price of the "big" vet to house them... they all got check ups too. Kitty needs to get a kidney function test and they sent me home with a cup to "Catch" her urine.... that is to weird but so funny. Alani finally got a different medicine for his eye, but I have to catch him to put the drops in. Noel is in perfect health and got her 1 year shots. They all did not eat or go to the bathroom at ALL while they were there, but sure did all of the above once they got home. They have been so happy to be home today. Alani was even sleeping with Shayla the last time I went and checked on her and that is something that he never does EVER.
We have not found too many dead things at all so that was awesome as far as clean up. We have only found a couple of dead geckos, 2 carpenter (bumble) bees and one spider. I see NO ANTS though and that is awesome!!!
Gary and I got everything put away and I got a lot of stuff thrown away as we put things away.
The kids are off school for two weeks but they do have a program at their school but it is only fun things.. bowling, ice-skating, movies, things like that.
I got a phone call this morning... my friend Lydia and I got fired from a client that I was helping her with. I am not upset about it at all but she is very much so. It was not very hard work but it was pain the butt work. I can't say that I am terribly sorry to see them go, just wish that they have been nicer in what they said to her, OH WELL.
I saw the Endocrinologist on Friday. He took me off the Estrogen... well actually I have one night left, wants me to finish the script. And he put me on Venlafaxine XR... when I looked it up once we got home... I went into shock... that is EFFEXOR. THAT IS AN ANTIDEPRESSANT.... I had sworn that I wouldn't ever go on one again EVER. Well, in the dosage and formation (XR) that he gave me, when I called him in near hysterics the next morning .. after I typed to Jen all night on Yahoo.... he was able to answer ALL my questions and it really is what I need to be on for now. He said that if I have ANY concerns while we are trying this he will STOP it and we will try something else. We can't proceed with higher estrogens until I get clearance from a neurologist, and as I didn't like the last one that I was seeing I need to get a referral to one that I really want to see. (I had thought he retired but found out he hasn't).
I am also going for Gallbladder surgery as early as the 24th. I am to call the surgeon's office Thursday or Friday after we are done with this surgery on Wednesday. I need to get it out ASAP, they are afraid of what will happen if we wait. There are no gallstones so no IMMEDIATE rush, that a couple of days or even a week wouldn't be okay, but neither the GI Dr or the surgeon want me to wait much longer. I would love it if they could do both surgeries at the same time but my body is not strong enough to handle that.
The GI Dr is trying to find more information for me on the "Chronic Evidence of Disease", meaning, one by one my body parts are going to fail.
Ethan asked me a question today and it tore at my heart..."Mommie, are you ever going to get better?" I had no idea what to say. I told him that I was working at it.
I had a long talk tonight with a lifelong friend, Marie, tonight. She has known me since I was little, I think about 8 or 9. Her daughter got married not too long ago and she is expecting her first baby, a boy, in July. Marie is very excited to finally becoming a Grandma. Ethan overheard us talking and asked if Auntie Maire's daughter, Cher, was healthy. I told him yes and that the baby was doing great growing in his mommie too. The reason he asked me that, he told me... if you knew her when you were little and you grew up in the same place, why isn't she sick too. I had no answers for that. I jsut told him I have no idea but everybody has a special plan for their lives and mine was to be who and what I am. He started with his next "What, why and where" and I just gave him a big hug. I have NO IDEA how to answer some of his questions and they are getting tougher and tougher everyday.
Ok, not sure if that is everything but I think that is enough for now....


<< Home