I go for my post-op appt in about two hours...
I have been using my shoulder a great deal more than I am supposed to, so I hope that I have not made things worse. I went almost the whole day yesterday with no major pain meds but did have to take IB quite often as I had a really high fever. It gets frustrating when I don't which "thing" is causing the fever. I can't wait till the gallbladder is out, that will be one last thing to have to worry about.
The surgery went very well. It was long, almost 3 hours. Dr. Hubbs was very surprised by what he found inside. He said he has never seen something so bad in somebody my age. There was a great deal of dead tissue. This could have become a very serious problem very quickly if we hadn't have done the surgery. He is very please with the results and think once it heals completely, I will be also. I have pictures that he gave me, but I cannot find the folder, so I will have to add them later.
There has been so much rain that it is now causing major problems for Gary's work. His phone started ringing at 530 this morning... We have been having massive amounts of rain for almost 60 days straight. His jobsite that he is working on is in the heart of Waikiki, not a place that NORMALLY gets a great deal of rain. When the phone rang this morning he already knew it meant something horrible. There is a barricade wall that goes around the whole project. Their jobsite office is located in the main level of the old parking garage of the project. There is a basement level that holds the generators for the whole project. This basement flooded and over-flowed into the barricade wall, actually knocking it over. This caused massive flooding into the neighboring hotel that IS a working hotel and not under renovations also. Here is the webcam link for the project. http://www.grouppacific.com/ctrg/fhwb/netcam.html the top cam is the front view of the project, the hotel on the left is the one Gary is working on, that walkway you see in the front of the hotel where the people walk to the main road from the hotels behind and around the two big projects. The second cam on the bottom, that is the side view, the cam doesn't show too much as it is at a strange angle but that is where the flooding is/was. I saw Gary log into his computer so the flooding has gone down enough that it's not affecting their power for now. It is still thundering here on our side but the storm has already passed his work, so hopefull they can get things dried out and fixed. This could not have happened at a worse time... THE OWNERS of the project are here today for a Walk-through, that was to start taking place 15 minutes ago.... I haven't gotten an answer to any messages that I have sent so I am hoping they are conducting the walk-through and not putting out other fires in the pan. Things need to really calm down for him at work. I have my post-op appt for my surgery last week this morning, but more importantly, I have my pre-op appt for my next surgery that is set for next week. He needs to be able to at least take off the day of my surgery and possibly longer if I will need him. I will find out the specifics this afternoon when I go see the Dr. This is putting so much stress on him, he's going to crack at some point.


<< Home