Two more of my appointments pau today....
First one was for the special cancer test. That one was shipped off on a plane today, but it can take up to 10 weeks to get the results back. Second one was with the bone specialist. My bone scan was never sent to him. They called the hospital and got a copy of the report but not the actual films. He couldn't tell me much other than there was a great deal of uptake on my right shin. Could be nothing or could be something. He also called them back and got my lab work from when I was in the hospital at christmas. Without specifically testing for the Para-thyroid disease they did many of the tests that would be off for that and they all looked normal. I did however get a steroid shot in my shoulder... GOD IS SO GOOD. He was able to feel the calcium deposit without even needing to look at the xrays again. His whole attitude had changed since the last time I saw him in December. I really wish people would stop judging me and the way I live my life BEFORE they know the whole story. He did not apologize for his horrible attitude before but he was much more understanding of why I wanted answers. We talked about pain medications and learned that he had had some surgery this year and was doing much of the same as me....taking the pain meds at bed time and being WIRED... he said the medical term for it but by then my shoulder was weird so I don't remember it epoxic or something like that...he equated it to street drugs and how people on them TWEAK. My house gets clean, my work gets done, I fold laundry... all these weird things that I have all this incredibly strange energy to do when I SHOULD be resting. SO all in all, while it wasn't the best appointment, I did get my shot in my shoulder which right now the numbing stuff is wearing off so I am off to bed soon, but still no answers about my bones. The blood test for the AMAS is done so that is just waiting for the results. Have Upper GI Series with Small Bowel Follow-through tomorrow, and then the Endocrinologist next week. Thank you all for the prayers, I feel them...


<< Home